I am a woman.
I am a black woman.
I am a non-African, American black woman.
I am a non-African, American black woman with a strong accent.
I am a Haitian woman.
I am a product of slavery.
I am a foreigner in a foreign land.
I am a foreigner with a strong French/Creole accent.
I am a human being created in the image of God.
I am a human being for whom the Son of God incarnates.
I am a human being God calls “my beloved child” the day of my baptism.
I am a human being for whom Jesus died on the cross.
I am a human being who longs for relationships as God shows us in the Trinity.
I am a human being who regards every other human being for whom Christ has died.
I am a human being who by vocation loves the neighbor as Christ loves me.
I am a human being who every day sees God’s work in the world.
I am a human being.
- ADVENT POEM by Carina Schiltz, Final Year MDiv Student
- ADVENT SKY by Claire Theresa Ackley, 2nd Year MDiv Student
- A MICRO-MANAGER FINDS FREEDOM IN ADVENT by Alexandra Hjerpe, 2nd Year MDiv Student
- NOW THE BIRTH OF JESUS TOOK PLACE IN THIS WAY By David R. Weiss, WTS MA graduate
- ADVENT, A CYNIC PSALM by Alexandra Hjerpe, 2nd Year MDiv Student
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- December 2011
- acceptance Advent advocacy All Saints Day American Genocide Class Arnfridur Gudmundsdottir Bishop Bonhoeffer call challenge Children Christianity church Community compassion cross Death Discernment diversity Domestic violence Dorothee Soelle dream Easter education ELCA equality ethnicity Faith Family gender Gender equality God Gospel grace homosexuality Hope Iceland identity image of God Immigrant Inclusive Language inclusivity Jesus Justice Leadership Lent Liberation Liberia life life together Lutheranism ministry Native Americans peace Peace movement poverty Prayer race racism relationships Religion and Spirituality Seminary sexual orientation Single Single person slavery solidarity Spiritual Formation Spiritual practice Wartburg Seminary Woman Women Women's ordination Women's rights worship