Patience lives in the unsettled places.
In our in between-ness,
With a word of promise
and for a moment,
the hunger for something not yet
in a savored “now.”
Patience retrieves our forward thrown hearts –
wrestling them away
from the shores of memories
Until there is surrender
in the unsettledness of “now” –
Until there is acceptance
in the between-ness of “here,”
patience holds… and hopes, and helps.
through the churning shadows of our anxiousness,
to the warmth of a whispered truth.
Patience enfolds us – always,
in the embrace of loving stillness;
and with a nod,
says “soon enough.”
- CHANGE THE WORLD BY EDUCATING GIRLS: THE FILM GIRL RISING By Carina Schiltz & Mytch Dorvilier, 2nd year M.Div. Students
- MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT SEXUAL ASSAULT By Laurel Duncan, 2nd Year MDiv
- WOMEN CALLED TO CONNECT, BOND, AND HEAL IN A BROKEN WORLD By Tammy Barthels, M.Div Intern
- GOOD-BYE AND HELLO – TRUSTING GOD’S CALL By Michelle Kanzaki, Final Year M.Div.
- SHACKLED By Jean Peterson, WTS Archives Volunteer
- advocacy Arnfridur Gudmundsdottir Bishop Bonhoeffer call challenge change Children Christianity church Community cross Discernment Domestic violence Dorothee Soelle dream Easter education ELCA equality Faith Family feminist gender Gender equality gifts God Gospel grace homosexuality Iceland identity Inclusive Language inclusivity Jesus Justice Karen Bloomquist language Leadership Lent Liberation Liberia life life together ministry mission Native Americans partnership peace Peace movement poverty Prayer racism relationships Religion and Spirituality Renate Wind resistence Seminary sending sexual abuse Single singleness Single person slavery solidarity Spiritual Formation Spiritual practice transformation window Woman Women Women's ordination Women's rights worship youth